DMCPS Quick Links:
- DMCPS Home
- Report Child Abuse
- About DMCPS
- DMCPS Child Protective Services
- Become a Foster or Adoptive Parent
- Milwaukee Family Resources
- Foster / Adoptive Parent Resources
- DMCPS Staff Resources
- Careers in Child Welfare
- Milwaukee Child Welfare Partnership Council
Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare
Information for Assessment and Stabilization Centers
Registration documents for new and currently contracted agencies
Working with BMCW
The Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare now requires that assessment and stabilization centers licensed under DCF 59 and used as placement options for children in BMCW’s care must be registered and under contract with the BMCW. This is an open procurement process: any newly licensed assessment or stabilization center, or existing centers not currently under contract, may submit a registration package at any time during the year. For centers currently serving the BMCW, a registration package must be submitted annually and is due no later than the first of November each calendar year. A link to the BMCW's registration checklist and facility information form is below.
The review of the registration package is rigorous and encompasses an analysis of the center’s business and organizational capacity, finances, audit compliance, and programming for residents. It is important that you submit all the required materials to avoid delay in processing. Following a satisfactory paper review, a site visit may be scheduled by the BMCW program evaluation manager for out-of-home care. Only those centers that meet the BMCW's minimum requirements will be eligible to contract and receive BMCW placements.
Centers that have been determined eligible will receive a one-year contract with the term running from January 1 through December 31. Newly licensed and registered centers will receive a partial-year contract with the term beginning upon eligibility requirements being met and running through December 31 of that year. Each center is required to re-register on an annual basis in order to receive a contract in any subsequent year.
- BMCW registers and contracts with licensed centers only. If you are interested in opening an assessment or stabilization center and have not yet been licensed, please contact the Bureau of Permanence and Out-of Home Care Child Welfare Licensing Section at 608-266-8946 or obtain more information at: http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/childrenresidential/Index.HTM
- Requirements for
assessment and stabilization centers wanting to contract with
- It is important that you submit a completed registration packet with all the required materials to avoid delaying the registration and contracting process. Following a satisfactory paper review, a site visit may be scheduled by the BMCW’s program evaluation manager for out-of-home care. Only those centers that meet the minimum requirements will be eligible to receive a DCF contract and BMCW placements.
Please note: Although a contract may be granted, BMCW does not guarantee placements within any facility. All placements are determined based on the specific needs of the child.
If you have questions about this process and its requirements, please contact:
Fiscal Program Evaluation Manager Roger Phillips: Phone 414-220-7961 or e-mail email@example.com
Fiscal Program Evaluation Manager Terri Powless: Phone 414-220-7977 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org