MECA Quick Links
New Child Care Providers
|Number of children||4 or more||Up to three||Up to Six|
|Ages of children||Under the age of 7||Under the age of 7||Over the age of 7|
|Where is care provided?||In the home
In a facility
(child care center)
|In the home|
What are the benefits of being regulated by the State?
- You are able to care for Wisconsin Shares subsidized children
- You may participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program
- You may get parent referrals from the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency (4C)
- You can participate in education and training
State law requires that child care providers be licensed or certified.
Attend mandatory classes
Call 414.220.6855 to schedule
Part I is held at the 4C offices – 320 Vine St. Milwaukee
Part II is held at the Milwaukee State Office Building – 819 N. 6th Street, Room 670
- Introduction to the child care profession (regular)
- Fundamentals of Family Care (regular)
- Shaken Baby Syndrome (provisional)
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (provisional)
Complete Application & Required Forms
It is advised to have 4C Certification Intake review your application before submitting it.
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday
819 N. 6th St. – room 670
Submit Application, Required Forms & $158 (nonrefundable) fee
In person (8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday) or by mail:
Milwaukee Early Care Administration
Milwaukee State Office Building – room 670
819 N. 6th St.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Attn: 4C Certification Intake
*If application is missing information or paperwork, it will be returned to you until complete.
Receive Decision by the Milwaukee Early Care Administration
- a child care specialist will contact you to set up a home inspection
- you will receive a letter explaining why the decision was made