Governor's Early Childhood Advisory Council (ECAC) -
Current Initiatives and Recent Reports
2014 ECAC Meeting Dates
Most meetings are held at the Crowne
Plaza in Madison from 9 a.m. - Noon.
- February 25
- June 4
- September 10
- December 3
ECAC 2013 Retreat
- The ECAC Retreat took place on September 13, 2013 in Madison at the Lussier
- The final report for how ECAC American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Funds were utilized to support the ECAC's system-building work was submitted in July 2013, and is available here - Advisory Council Final Report for ARRA Funding - July 18, 2013.
- Survey results for the Family and Community Team's survey to identify promising practices for collaboration in programs that serve young children and families can be found at the following link - Family & Community Partnership Survey Overview.
- The ECAC Oral Health Committee recently completed a survey about early childhood oral health access and related services. The results of that survey can be found at - Summary - Oral Health Promising Practices.
Annual ECAC Reports to the Governor
See links below for all Governor's Early Childhood Advisory Council Reports to the Governor - "Building Blocks for Wisconsin's Future: The Foundation for an Early Childhood System."
Links to ECAC Reports - 2010 to present
- An overview of all Early Learning Councils was developed by the Administration for Children and Families and features of profile of Wisconsin’s work.
- February 28, 2013 letter to Secretary Eloise Anderson, from Gary Gilmore, Chair of the Wisconsin Public Health Council, in support of Early Care and Education Standards.
- Wisconsin submitted the second round application for the Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge on October 25, 2012.
- The Early Childhood Advisory Council is supporting the collaboration of DCF (Department of Children & Families), DPI (Department of Public Instruction) and DHS (Department of Health Services) on building an Early Childhood Longitudinal Data System (EC LDS). You can learn more about this exciting project by visiting EC LDS.
- The ECAC established Operating Principles to guide the work of the full ECAC, the Steering Committee and the seven subcommittees that help guide the work of the ECAC. These were approved in June 2012.
- The “Wisconsin Blueprint for a Comprehensive and Aligned for Screening and Assessment of Young Children” was presented to the ECAC in February 2012.
- A report with recommendations about how and Why Wisconsin should develop a public private funding board, “A Public-Private Partnership: An Idea for Wisconsin,” was presented and accepted as a recommendation in October 2011.
- A Professional Development Policy Scan of higher education policies and opportunities was also developed for the ECAC in October 2011.
- In July 2010, The Governor's Early Childhood Advisory Council issued the Early Childhood System Assessment Report written by Katherine Magnuson, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin.