Governor's Early Care and Education Advisory Council - Current Initiatives and Recent Reports
The 2014 meeting dates have been established and are: February 25, June 4, September 10, and December 3. Most meetings are held at the Crowne
Plaza in Madison from 9 a.m. - Noon.
The ECAC Retreat took place on September 13, 2013 in Madison at the Lussier
- The 2012 Report is now complete. There are a limited number of printed copies that will be available after June 5.
See links below for all Governor's Early Care and Education Advisory Council Reports to the Governor "Building Blocks for Wisconsin's
Future: The Foundation for an Early Childhood System."
- An overview of all
Early Learning Councils
was developed by the Administration for Children and Families and features of profile of Wisconsin’s work.
- Wisconsin Governors ECAC receives support from the Wisconsin Public Health Council particularly
related to the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards.
- Wisconsin submitted the second round application for the Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge on October 25, 2012.
- The Early Childhood Advisory Council is supporting the collaboration of DCF (Department of Children & Families), DPI (Department of Public Instruction)
and DHS (Department of Health Services) on building an Early Childhood Longitudinal Data System (EC LDS).
You can learn more about this exciting project by visiting
- The ECAC established Operating Principles to guide the work of the full ECAC,
the Steering Committee and the seven subcommittees that help guide the work of the ECAC. These were approved in June 2012.
- The “Wisconsin Blueprint for a Comprehensive and Aligned for Screening and Assessment of Young Children”
was presented to the ECAC in February 2012.
- A report with recommendations about how and Why Wisconsin should develop a public private funding board, “A Public-Private Partnership: An Idea for Wisconsin,” was presented and accepted as a recommendation in October 2011.
- A Professional Development Policy Scan of higher education policies and opportunities was also developed for the ECAC in October 2011.
- In July 2010 The Governor's Early Childhood Advisory Council issued the
Early Childhood System Assessment Report written by Katherine Magnuson, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin.