Governor's Early Care and Education Advisory Council - Current Initiatives
- Wisconsin submitted the second round application for the Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge on October 25, 2012
- The meeting schedule has been established for 2013. Please mark your calendars for February 5, 2013; June 11, 2013;
October 15, 2013; and, December 10, 2013. Meetings will be held from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Information on the location
will be determined and shared at a later date.
- Governor's Early Care and Education Advisory Council Reports to the Governor 'Building Blocks for Wisconsin's Future: The Foundation for an Early Childhood System'
- The Early Childhood Advisory Council is supporting the collaboration of DCF (Department of Children & Families), DPI
(Department of Public Instruction) and DHS (Department of Health Services) on building an Early Childhood Longitudinal Data
System (EC LDS). You can learn more about this exciting project by visiting
- In July, 2010 The Governor's Early Childhood Advisory Council issued the
Early Childhood System Assessment Report written by
Katherine Magnuson, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin
- ACF Guidelines for ECAC Funding Application
- Wisconsin Governors ECAC receives
support from the Wisconsin Public Health Council particularly related to the
Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards.